To schedule an appointment with our plastic surgery office in New York City, please contact us at:
60 E 56th Street, Suite 301
New York , NY 10022
P: (212) 750-0070
F: (212) 504-2812
Director of Anesthesia
Operating Facility Coordinator
Botox and Filler and Laser Specialist
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery with DVD, 1st Edition
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery – edited by Sherrell J. Aston, MD, Douglas S. Steinbrech, MD and Jennifer L. Walden, MD – brings you the masterful expertise you need to achieve breathtaking outcomes for every cosmetic surgery procedure, including… Read More
Steps involving the Initial Consultation
- There are two scenarios when it comes to our out of town patients. Those that are able to fly in for a face to face initial consultation and those who chose to have a phone via SKYPE consultation with the Dr. Steinbrech. Either way it can be done.
- If you are one of those, who can actually come in for a consultation we will make you a priority, and accommodate our schedule to fit your dates. On the consultation day you will meet with the Doctor, and go over your desired procedure. You will also meet with the patient coordinator who will go over your pre and post op requirements. You will leave the office with a package specially made for you with all important information including a price quote. The package will also include the list of the necessary pre op medical clearances, which can be done by your own doctor. Should you need help with this step do not hesitate to contact the office staff.
- In the event flying for your consultation is not an alternative we have had great success at doing phone consultations. In that case however, the Doctor must have your pictures so he can better address your needs. Once we have received the photos and your information and you have spoken to the Doctor, we can either mail or fax out a package specially made for you with all important information including a price quote. The package will also include the list of the necessary pre op medical clearances, which can be done by your own doctor or lab in your area. The patient coordinator will be available to answer any questions that you may have via phone or email whichever is more convenient for you.
- Once you have received the quote and all your information, the next step would be picking a date for your surgery. Locking in a date requires an initial deposit of 20% and that can be done over the phone with a credit card. We do not accept credit cards on the day of surgery so you will need to make arrangements for your final payment before you arrive. This is due to the fact that we want you to focus on your surgery and not have any possible financial complications at the last minute. There are many different options such as financing and other forms of payments that can be discussed once you have finalized your decision.
- We will need the blood work as well as medical clearance to arrive two weeks before the surgery date. Both Dr. Steinbrech and the nurse will review the results to make sure you are ready for surgery. Depending on your age and procedure there may be different requirements. We will do everything to help you with this process. Safety is our highest priority!
- When planning for your surgery you also need to consider where you are going to stay and who will be taking care of you. On our website you will find a list of hotels that are close to our facilities. If you do not have someone traveling with you for after care, please let us know so we can arrange for a caretaker. We have also listed the closest airports; each one of them is within a 20 minutes range from where we are located. It is a requirement that all patients be monitored for at least the first 24 hours following surgery. A caretaker can assist you in driving you from the surgery location to the recovering location, driving you to your follow up doctor visits, prepare meals and drinks, general shopping and grocery shopping, run errands such as prescription pick up, perform hygiene and personal care, including bathing, grooming and toileting, assist with wound care and apply cold packs as needed, assist with walking, dressing, communications with doctor’s and nursing staff, provide companionship and emotional support.
Like many life experiences your plastic surgery experience can be improved with a little advance planning. There is so much to consider at this exciting time but be sure to work closely with your doctor and consider your surgery from beginning to end. If you are planning plastic surgery be sure to plan for a complete positive successful experience. A well planned recovery can increase your safety, comfort, peace of mind and speed of healing. Speak to your doctor about any unusual post surgery recovery conditions, any possible complications that might arise and the expected recovery period. As with any surgery, some swelling, discomfort and bruising is expected. Your specific procedure and individual circumstances will determine what you can expect from your successful recovery.
Here are some general timelines when figuring out your minimum stay with us, please keep in mind that these can change depending your own personal healing process:
Breast Augmentation: 2-4 days (Go home the same day).
Face / Neck Lift: 7-10 days (Go home the same day). The first night you will be required to stay overnight at our facilities under the care of our registered nurse. The doctor will see you the next morning to check your healing process and to change any dressings. Within 4 – 5 days we will schedule an appointment for the Dr. to remove your initial sutures and at this time the final appointment will be scheduled to remove the remaining.
Tummy Tuck: 5-10 days (Possible overnight stay). This procedure varies greatly depending of the size of the tummy tuck, whether it would be a mini or a full, so please discuss it with the doctor during your consultation.
Full Body Lift: 7 – 10 days (Usually overnight stay). This procedure varies greatly depending of the size of the body lift, so please discuss it with the doctor during your consultation.
Eyelid Surgery: 3 days (Go home same day). Recover will depend on whether it is local (for upper eyelids only) or general for lower/upper lids combination.
Liposuction: 3-4 days (Go home same day).
Rhinoplasty: 5-7 days (Go home same day). The doctor will need to see you the next day to remove your packing and then within 5-7 days from the surgery date, the Doctor will remove your splint.
Breast Lift / Breast Reduction: 5-7 days (Go home the same day). The Doctor will advise the staff when to schedule the initial post op visit. Most of the times he will want to see you the next day. All sutures used on breast surgeries are dissolvable. The doctor will need to evaluate your individual healing progress before clearing you to travel. Breast size and conditions vary greatly.
Labiaplasty: 3 days (Go home same day). Although this is not an extensive procedure it does require some special considerations.
Our office accepts the following methods of payment:
Mastercard / VISA / Check / Cash / CareCredit / Alphaeon